The Builders Association

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Find a Friend


Hola! Estoy Moe! Moe en la ciudad! Bienveneidos!

Today I went over to the other side of the tracks again, the north side of town to the fabulous store above.

Mas Amigos! Su tienda amiga!

Most friends! Your shopping friend! Roughly speaking.

Inside, Mas Amigos is like a Mexican wonderland, right here in Urbana.



They sell absolutely everything from Mexico and Latin America and absolutely nothing from "El Norte", Gringo America. Look at the impressive hot sauce display:

I bought corn lollipops with chili flavor! I’m excited and scared all at the same time.

The nice lady who ran the store was there and I wanted to talk with her but she was on the phone. I had a million questions for her. Like, which tamarind soda is better, Jarritos or Boing?



I bought them both and will have a taste test and let you know.


I loved finding Mas Amigas. It was like a little trip south of the border, down Mexico way. It was fiesta and we were so gay. And can I just say, the Mexican people know a thing or two about corn and how to make the best of it. My trip to Mas Amigas confirmed that. I know I'm all corn-centric but we are products of our environments, so the psychologists tell us and right now I'm as corny as Illinois in September.

No comments:

Followers