The Builders Association

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Liege, Mon Amour

Hello internet. I’m Deb and you have clicked on my blog, Deb in the City. I know, I know, technically speaking this is a vlog because it’s video but the word vlog sounds like a car made in the soviet union. Vlog, vlog, vlog.

Deb in the City is my coping mechanism to help me adjust to my new life. I have just moved out of my comfort zone and now live in a city which is new to me. I did not plan it this way but now I live in Liege. Wow, or as they say here Oufti!

But, I live in a fantastic house here.

It has a gate and as you can see and it has columns and shrubs with artistic styles. And a Jacuzzi in the bathroom. It’s not in Liege exactly, not in the city but is close enough that I can go to town on the bus.



The city of Liege has a mascot that I see everywhere is this fellow, who is called Tchantches, the Wallon name for Francis. Wallon is the local language. We would call him Frank I guess in English. Frank is a fun loving marionette who was born between two paving stones here in Liege.



He has a couple of theaters that do his plays and a whole museum devoted to his costumes and puppet lifestyle. He is a marionette who likes to drink. OK, he's basically an alcoholic puppet.




And as an American, I am used to alcoholic puppets.

I must admit I am a little sad to be in Europe and miss our new president coming into office though I am delighted that everyone here seems as happy as I am that the alcoholic puppet is retiring to Texas with his Nanesse, leaving his big mess behind for the next guy to clean up. As a nanny, I’m a little sick of cleaning up after others, but I am willing to help the new guy.

This is Deb in the City, contemplating ma vie europeean from Liege. Oui, nous pouvons!

No comments:

Followers