The Builders Association

Friday, January 23, 2009

La Goute Locale

Deb in the City here, live from Liege, looking for local flavor.

So I was walking around today, looking at old stuff. Europe is full of old stuff, and that’s interesting for Americans, since nothing we have is that old really.

Found some peculiar new stuff in a shop window for a video games store.

Here is Bruce Lee with his girlfriend the flamenco dancer. Are they dancing or fighting? This is the mysterious beauty of it. It’s profound, right?

I was excited because I was going to the Museum of Walloon Life.


The museum is in a beautiful old abbey. It’s a very nicely done modern museum, all new, with lots of video and all the media tricks. Very impressive. I went through the entire museum, listening to the electronic device that told me all about coal and iron and crystal and all the thing that were manufactured here in Liege.

And I got to the end and I was really mad because I read in a guide book that the museum had a waffle in the shape of the crucifix and yes, that is the main reason I went. And then, it was not there anymore.

I went home and looked for it and googled "waffle cross Belgium" on the internet, and this is what I got.



A waffle in the shape of Texas. I don’t think it’s in Belgium. And it’s not a cross. It is a waffle. Sometimes the google does not work.

This is Deb in the City, looking for waffles in all the wrong places, in the waffle capitol of the universe, Liege.

No comments:

Followers