The Builders Association

Friday, August 22, 2008

Organ Donors

I decided to go over to the Illinois State employment place and see if they can help me find a side job. Yes, it’s come to that. It’s on “the other side of the tracks” of course. Here’s the tracks, literally.


It was a relief to walk around in a more regular neighborhood. By regular I mean less fancy. But people were sitting on their porches and chatting and said hi to me when I walked by, even though I wasn’t from around there. Nobody goes outside the house where I live with The Child, except to scurry down the driveway to get into the Hummer that’s too big for the garage.

Things looked familiar where I walked and people there don’t have a lot to spare. But it doesn’t mean they’re not generous. Look:




Free for the taking. There’s some joke in there about organ donors, but my tank is empty and I lack joking stamina right now.

Meanwhile, I’m looking into my moonlighting options. Next stop, Kraft Foods on the other other side of the tracks. There's a lot of tracks in Champaign.

No comments:

Followers